French Bistro – What would Julia Child do? With Chef Glenys Morgan **SOLD OUT, WAIT LIST ONLY
January 3, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$69
Bistro Basics – The fundamentals of French cooking one meal at a time! When Julia was teaching the classics, one TV episode at a time, she would have loved this menu. Many of the techniques are necessities for anyone who loves to cook, and classics turn into new trends and styles. Learn the basics and success will follow! It’s a delicious way to learn.
- Prawn Bisque and Risotto – The French word for stock is fond, which means foundation- stocks are the foundation in building greatflavours. Stocks can be quick or long simmering, learn how, why and when. In bisques, risotto and simmering braises, taste the delicious results.
- Simple Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Red Wine and Spice Braised Lamb Shanks – Braises include stews, ragus, classics such as osso buco or boeuf Bourguinon; one technique, endless possibilities yielding tender results you could “eat with a spoon”.
- Skillet Glazed Vegetables – Skillet glazed vegetables, a technique that yields vegetables reminiscent of those cooked under a roast, but in minutes stove top.
- Lavender Lemon Tart- Tarte au Citron- another lesson in pastry, this one for desserts. No need for rolling pin to get professional results. Lemon is always a perfect finish to a meal, and this delicious tart can be made ahead and frozen. Learn the secrets and taste the results.
To register for this class please scroll down to book online and enter information below. Please have credit card ready as payment is required to secure your space. No seats can be held. Gift cards cannot be redeemed online but you can reserve with credit card and exchange for gift card in store the day of the class or before. All class cancelations receive store credit, however ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT GIVEN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF CLASS STARTING. You may send someone in your place or forfeit your seat and we will send the recipes. Don’t forget you receive 10% off your shopping the day of your class! Excludes sale items,gift cards, and future classes. Any inquiries can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.