- This event has passed.
Iron Clad! All about Cast Iron! With Chef Glenys Morgan
June 25 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$69
Join Chef Glenys Morgan as she showcases successful techniques with different pieces, namely skillets and Dutch ovens. Braise, sear,roast, bake; oven-to-table, sauces with flavour, superb crusty breads, giant Yorkshire puddings. Whether your pan is brand new or in need of some TLC, Chef Glenys will teach you about seasoning and perhaps refurbishing your old family heirlooms. She will tell you everything you need to know,and surely throw in some laughs along the way.
NOTE: This is a tasting plates menu, so you will sample a few extra dishes this evening.
- Chile Con Queso- cast iron holds a gentle heat as well as a high sear- so fondue it!
- Seared Thai Flank Steak- the sear is the flavour.
- Herbal Salad with Lime Dressing . Again done in minutes.
- ProvenÃ§al Braised Lamb Shanks- build a flavour base, then a gentle braise to tenderize.
- Sourdough “Boule”- an oven in the oven, creating an extraordinary crust.
- Chicken Under a Brick- the art of roasting and saucing- learn how to create a decadent pan sauce.
- Dutch Baby- the art of popovers and Yorkshires- we’ll do it with lemon and apples for dessert.
To register for this class please scroll down to book online and enter information below. Please have credit card ready as payment is required to secure your space. No seats can be held. Gift cards cannot be redeemed online but you can reserve with credit card and exchange for gift card in store the day of the class or before. All class cancelations receive store credit, however ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT GIVEN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF CLASS STARTING. You may send someone in your place or forfeit your seat and we will send the recipes. Don’t forget you receive 10% off your shopping the day of your class! Excludes sale items,gift cards, and future classes. Any inquiries can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.