- This event has passed.
Kids Cook! 4-Day Summer Series with Chef Kyla and Instructor Natalia! Ages 10-14 **1 SPACE LEFT
July 3 @ 11:00 am - July 6 @ 2:00 pm$249
If you have a young aspiring chef in your household they will enjoy this series of cooking and learning! These classes focus on ingredients and techniques and teach the fundamentals and basics to equip them with skills for life. Students will make their meal together, set their own place setting, and eat together when everything is ready. Then they will clean their stations and make sure they leave the kitchen tidy. This class will teach them how to make fabulous fare on their own! Buy a child a burger and they will eat for a day, teach them how to cook one and wow, you have your own little chef for life! Pretty soon YOU will have dinner on the table!
Everything they need to prepare the goods will be provided: apron, cutting boards, mixing bowls, recipes and assistance. Most importantly, this class will be fun!
All recipes are nut-free, however Posh Pantry is not a nut-free facility.
Tuesday July 3, 11-2
- Summer Sweet Pea Risotto – A Northern Italian rice dish, cooked to a creamy consistency. The peas add a subtle sweetness to the rich flavours of parmesan cheese and butter!
- Grilled Rosemary Balsamic Pork Tenderloin – Pork medallions marinated in balsamic, rosemary and garlic then grilled to perfection. An excellent summer inspired dish!
- Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and a warm honey-Dijon vinaigrette
- Lemon Berry Meringue Cakes – A refreshing layered dessert of mixed berries, lemon custard, and meringue… then bruleed to finish!
Wednesday July 4, 11-2
- Melon Trio Panzanella Salad with Arugula – Watermelon, Honeydew and Cantaloupe tossed with Rustic baguette croutons and peppery arugula greens.
- Lemon Thyme Chicken Roll Ups with a lemon butter glaze
- Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan – Roasted in the oven under a blanket of parmesan and fresh garlic
- Mushroom Melody Quinoa – A mixture of earthy mushrooms, fresh herbs, and the super food quinoa! A great side.
- Vanilla Bean and Pear Granita – a semi frozen dessert that will make your taste buds sing! Like a snow cone.
Thursday July 5, 11-2
- Gazpacho Soup
- Boom Boom Pow Caesar Salad with Proscuitto
- Sundried Tomato and Spinach Gnocchi with a Light Lemon Cream Sauce
- Biscotti and an Upside Down Affogato – Italian Cookies served with an Infused Steamed Milk Poured Over Chocolate Gelato
Friday July 6, 1030-130 Baking and Decorating Finale! Flip Flop Cookies with Instructor Natalia!
In this 3-hour class kids will bake cookies from scratch and learn how to decorate them with style! Instructor Natalia will show them how to work with fondant and they will decorate the cupcakes in a beach-inspired theme. Please bring a large flat container to take cookies home!
To register for this class please scroll down to book online and enter information below. Please have credit card ready as payment is required to secure your space. No seats can be held. Gift cards cannot be redeemed online but you can reserve with credit card and exchange for gift card in store the day of the class or before. All class cancelations receive store credit, however ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT GIVEN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF CLASS STARTING. You may send someone in your place or forfeit your seat and we will send the recipes. Don’t forget you receive 10% off your shopping the day of your class! Excludes sale items,gift cards, and future classes. Any inquiries can also be directed to email@example.com.