Kids Cook! 5-Day Summer Series with Chef Ginette, Sonal, and Natalia! Ages 7-12 **SOLD OUT, WAITLIST ONLY
August 13 @ 11:00 am - August 17 @ 2:00 pm$299
If you have a young aspiring chef in your household they will enjoy this series of cooking and learning! These classes focus on ingredients and techniques and teach the fundamentals and basics to equip them with skills for life. Students will make their meal together, set their own place setting, and eat together when everything is ready. Then they will clean their stations and make sure they leave the kitchen tidy. This class will teach them how to make fabulous fare on their own! Buy a child a burger and they will eat for a day, teach them how to cook one and wow, you have your own little chef for life! Pretty soon YOU will have dinner on the table!
Everything they need to prepare the goods will be provided: apron, cutting boards, mixing bowls, recipes and assistance. Most importantly, this class will be fun!
All recipes are nut-free, however Posh Pantry is not a nut-free facility.
Monday August 13, 11-2 Southern with Chef Ginette!
- Sloppy Joes served on homemade whole wheat buns – Students will learn how to make the fabulous spicy Chili-Like topping for the Fresh Homemade Buns!
- Creamy Coleslaw – Cabbage and all the fixings for the perfect dressing from scratch
- Classic Strawberry Shortcakes – The students are taught how to make the fluffy pastry from scratch, the strawberry topping, and fresh whip!
Tuesday August 14, 11-2 Italian with Chef Ginette!
- Easy Caprese Salad – Fresh Soft Bocconcini Cheese and Tomato with fresh herbs and balsamic glaze… a favourite!
- Herb and Cheese Foccacia from Scratch – Ginette teaches the tricks to Bread Making.
- Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Roll-Ups – The Sauce, the Fillings, the Assembly!
- Chocolate Biscotti, served with Hot Chocolate Affogato – OMMMMMMG delicious!
Wednesday August 15, 11-2 French Bistro with Chef Ginette!
- Classic French Onion Soup with Gruyere Croutons – A Classic, a must!
- Apple & Arugula Salad with fresh Herb Vinaigrette – French Dressings are the Best, and Everyone should learn them Young!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Breaded and Stuffed with Ham & Swiss Cheese
- Apple Tarte Tatin (Upside Down Caramel Apple Tart)
Thursday August 16, 11-2 Asian Fusion with Chef Sonal!
- Asian Sliders- These sliders are made with pork and fragrant with sophisticated flavours of garlic, and ginger. Sonal then adds the irresistible temptation of bacon and a mouth blowing crunch factor of tangy toppings.
- Bright ‘N Tangy Pickled Radish- A punch of brightness that can liven up any simple dish– In this case a tangy topping to the rich Asian Sliders.
- Rainbow Slaw- What if you could taste a savory rainbow?? Lets try with this light, refreshing, slaw to top our sliders and to enjoy on its own on the side.
- Sweet Potato Dippers- A twist on the fries to your burger! How about some sweet potato fries served with a cool dipping sauce? We think yes!!
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce
- Cinnamon Sugar Wonton Berry Cups- Finish this meal with a sweet berry cup. Easy to make and even easier to eat. You won’t have to feel guilty about this healthy dessert
Friday August 17, 11-2 Baking and Decorating Finale! Garden-Inspired Cupcakes with Instructor Natalia!
In this 3-hour class kids will bake cupcakes from scratch and learn how to decorate them with style! Instructor Natalia will show them how to work with fondant and they will decorate the cupcakes in a garden-inspired theme.
To register for this class please scroll down to book online and enter information below. Please have credit card ready as payment is required to secure your space. No seats can be held. Gift cards cannot be redeemed online but you can reserve with credit card and exchange for gift card in store the day of the class or before. All class cancelations receive store credit, however ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT GIVEN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF CLASS STARTING. You may send someone in your place or forfeit your seat and we will send the recipes. Don’t forget you receive 10% off your shopping the day of your class! Excludes sale items,gift cards, and future classes. Any inquiries can also be directed to email@example.com.