- This event has passed.
Provençal Gourmet Vegetarian! With Chef Russell Cameron **3 SPACES LEFT
April 11 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$69
At age 33, Russell left his career in Human Resource Consulting and actuarial studies at Mercer Consulting to pursue his passion – professional cooking! He is excited to connect with people using food as his ‘medium’. Collective meals bring people together, encourage discussion, strengthen community and are a lot of fun! His philosophy is that food is also our connection to the earth; food is literally the fabric of life! After working in several restaurant kitchens, including Vancouver’s acclaimed Fable Kitchen, and Aphrodite’s Cafe and Bandidas Taqueria, Chef Russell realized that creating rapport and transferring knowledge is his zone of genius. Chef Russell’s passion for healthy, simple and delicious cooking is contagious. Russell loves sharing food-related stories, riddles and history. Teaching cooking classes is the perfect way for him to feel purposeful.
Russell’s culinary training is influenced by contemporary French, Rustic Italian, Middle Eastern and West Coast. He also has a deep appreciation for plant-based foods. When he is not teaching cooking classes, Russell loves to be in nature. Amongst other outdoor adventures, running ultramarathons helps him balance his busy urban lifestyle.
Welcome to Provençal Gourmet Vegetarian. During the evening Chef Russell will demonstrate various culinary techniques and guests will enjoy a delicious five-course meal inspired by the rich and satisfying flavours of Southern France. An informative and fun dinner party for all!
- Fougasse Aux Olives Noire – Crisp And Light Crusted Provençal Flat-Bread With Black Olives, Sun Dried Tomatoes And Herbes-De-Provence Chevre
- Velouté De Celeri Rave – Celeriac Soup, With Sautéed Winter Greens, Shaved P’tit Basque, And Olive Oil & Espelette Pepper Croutons
- Salade Verte Aux Endives – Mixed Green & Endive Salad With House-Made Classic Vinaigrette, Fine Sliced Radish, Matchstick Apple And Candied Walnuts
- Tarte Provençale Aux Courgette – Savoury Provençal Quiche With Oven-Roasted Tomatoes, Spiralized Zucchini, Pistou & Herbes-De-Provence Chevre
- Petites Gateaux Aux Chocolat – Mini Chocolate Cakes With Caramel And Creme Anglaise
To register for this class please scroll down to book online and enter information below. Please have credit card ready as payment is required to secure your space. No seats can be held. Gift cards cannot be redeemed online but you can reserve with credit card and exchange for gift card in store the day of the class or before. All class cancelations receive store credit, however ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT GIVEN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF CLASS STARTING. You may send someone in your place or forfeit your seat and we will send the recipes. Don’t forget you receive 10% off your shopping the day of your class! Excludes sale items, gift cards, and future classes. Any inquiries can also be directed to email@example.com.