Click Here to learn more about our Cooking Classes and Private Party options for both adults and kids/teens >>>
- This event has passed.
The New Basics 3-Part Series – Recipes and Techniques that Every Cook Should Know! With Chef Glenys Morgan
September 18, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Know your way around the kitchen but want to upgrade your skills? Then this series is for you! This is a 3-part demonstration series so you can watch closely, ask questions, take some notes, then sample the dishes that Glenys will teach you. Solve some culinary mysteries, learn about timing and temperatures, Glenys is focusing on fundamentals for everything from carrots to chicken, spices to sweets. Don’t be a slave to recipes – learn to cook with confidence. Make your dinners or dinner parties stress free. Ask questions that suit your style and they’ll be answered. You’ll be at ease in no time
Monday September 11, 630-930
- Rainbow Tomato Bruschetta with Fresh Herbs- Step up your handy knife- turn simple into spectacular!
- Exotic Roasted Mushroom Soup – it’s easier than you think. Learn how to make soup with these basic rules to follow.
- Crispy Herb Roasted Chicken with Pan Sauce- learn how to take a wholechicken and turn it into lovely pieces, then roast it “just right” !
- Never Boring Vegetables- Side dishes matter so we’ll do a gratin and a medley of greens with an Italian flare; timing is important, let’s get organized!!
- A Sinful Chocolate Dessert- everyone should know at least one! Glenys will make an intense Chocolate Fudge Tart and show you how it’s done.
Monday September 18, 630-930
Steak and Eggs!
- How to Make thePerfect Omelette- Roasted Mushroom, Asiago and Fresh Herbs – Late night supper or brunch- omelettes never go out of style. From omelette to frittata, a little egg info goes a long way.
- The Steak- all the basics on how to choose the right cut of meat for your style of cooking. This steak is pan-seared to perfection. Pick the steak, the pan, follow step-by-step- no “mis-steaks”. From rubs to sauces carnivore knowledge. We’ll finish with Red Wine Sauce and Roquefort Butter!
- Build a better salad- learn the perfect vinaigrette and versions from Caesar to leafy, simple to sublime. A stellar salad just takes a few pointers. We’ll do a Crunchy Green Goddess Wedge and Citrus Vinaigrette Leaf Salad with Chevre!
- One Potato, Two Potatoes – pick the right spud for the job- we’ll show a fab mellow mashed recipe that you’ll never forget.
- Apple Tarte- as easy as one, two, three. Serve with ice cream!
Monday September 25, 630-930
Filet of Salmon – It’s Seafood Night
- Glenys’s Home-Made and Hearty West Coast Chowder
- Seafood Sampler- Scallops are on the menu with sauces that will dazzle guests. How about Maple-Bacon to sample? Glenys will talk about saucing to perfection.
- Rice pilaf – keep your side dishes healthy and tasty- even vegetarian!
- Salmon Roasted “en papillote” with homemade aioli – Steaming in parchment is a fabulous and healthy way to cook.
- Apple Galette with Chantilly Cream – delicious finale!
To register for this class please stop by the shop or call 604 428-3700. Please have credit card ready as payment is required to secure your space. No seats can be held. Gift cards cannot be redeemed over the phone but you can reserve with credit card and exchange for gift card the day of the class. Any inquiries can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All class cancelations receive store credit, however ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT GIVEN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF CLASSSTARTING. You may send someone in your place. Don’t forget you receive 10% off your shopping the day of your class! Excludes sale items, gift cards, and future classes.