Click Here to learn more about our Cooking Classes and Private Party options for both adults and kids/teens >>>
- This event has passed.
Flavours of Royal India! 3-Part Series (May 7/14/21) with Chef Tanisha!
May 7, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$85.00 – $249.00
*SERIES SIGN-UP ENABLED ON MAY 7 ONLY, OR SIGN UP FOR INDIVIDUAL EVENING MAY 7 ONLY BELOW
From the royal forts, hot sands and romantic nights of Rajasthan, to the ever popular Bollywood’s favorite, Mumbai street food, travel all throughout to the 200 year old trams and crazy busy vendors in front of Durga temples of Kolkata and everything in between! This three night series takes you on the small culinary journey this big beautiful nation has to offer, jam-packed with different flavours and interesting stories that will make it one hell of an evening. Transport with chef Tanisha to a different place altogether and let the experience soak you in.
*Series signups includes a 9″ Masala Dabba, filled with Tanishas mandatory spices! Seven spices enclosed in a stainless steel round container with glass lid. A must for Indian cooking. (Value $75)
Tuesday May 7 630-930: Street Food Mart!
- Chaat Papdi – Named after the literal lip – smacking taste and spoon licking i.e “chaat” in the Hindi language, this yogurt based street dish starter comes with fried or baked crispy chickpea discs, fresh pomegranate, sweet and hot two types of chutneys and an array of Indian crunchy snacks sprinkled on top for texture variations and absolute flavour dynamite!
- Pav Bhaji – The real Mumbai street food, an absolute perfect medley of fresh vegetables mashed together in spices topped a hint of lemon juice and fresh coriander, served with special Pav bread. Invented as a fast lunch time meal for the working class in the early 1850’s on Mumbai streets – you might question Sloppy Joe’s origin in North America a century later
- Kathi Rolls – Fill up yourself in shallow fried whole wheat flatbreads wrapped around a delicious filling of big paneer cubes, onions, ginger and garlic. Served on the side of a cool coriander raita (Indian yogurt) and sweet tamarind sauce. Change your filling to chicken or fish and you’ve got yourself a treat for everyone to enjoy!
- Sweet Pan to chew on for the dessert; serves as a mouth freshener and kicks your digestion in high gear – betel leaves put together with “cooling” spices and treats – a real surprising ending!
Tuesday May 14 630-930: Rajasthani Love of Colours and Heat!
- Shakarkandi Chaat – Cubed Sweet potato and potato snack tossed in spices, fresh herbs, onions and ginger that leaves your pallette completely woken up and ready for more!
- Stuffed Dry Mirchi – Large green chilli peppers, deseeded, shallow fried and stuffed with onions, ginger, garlic and roasted chickpea flour and dry herbs. Will not leave you begging for water but will definitely make you crave a second helping!
- Rajasthani Kadi – Simple, quick and light yogurt and chickpea flour gravy tempered with whole spices, lots of garlic and whole red Made with Desi Ghee and served with aromatic fried onion and cumin rice.
- Besan ke Laddu – Quick, easy, warming and “healthier” option is this gluten free dessert made in just a few minutes with roasted chickpea flour and some aromats.
Tuesday May 21 630-930: Punjabi Comfort Food Favourites!
- Sprouted Moong Chaat – Who said healthy foods can’t make you feel naughty? Indulge your taste buds in this simple homemade but in no way any less in flavour version of street favourite Chaats, tossed with spices, zingy lemon juice, sweet in house chutney, finely chopped onions and fresh herbs. Black salt on top and you are ready for an ultimate protein rich snack salad or breakfast in just minutes!
- Muttar Paneer – Paneer cubes and fresh green peas makes this beautifully spiced and almost sweet onion gravy bring out its flavours while giving the perfect texture. Mildly spiced, served with a garnish of fresh sliced green chillies and lots of coriander. Served with garlic kulcha bread.
- Pindi Chana Masala – It’s time you learn how to cook the authentic chickpea stock for this super nutritious and full of goodness white chickpea dish, made with a base masala sauce of tomatoes, ginger and spices. Served on the side of Basmati jasmine rice.
- Indian Budino – Creamy Indianized mousse with flavours of cardamom and saffron hits the spot just right to end this journey!
To register for this series please scroll down to book online and enter information below. Please have credit card ready as payment is required to secure your space. No seats can be held. Gift cards cannot be redeemed online but you can reserve with credit card and exchange for gift card in store the day of the class or before. All class cancelations receive store credit, however ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT GIVEN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF SERIES STARTING. You may send someone in your place or forfeit your seat and we will send the recipes. Don’t forget you receive 10% off your shopping the day of your class! Excludes sale items,gift cards, and future classes. Any inquiries can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.