Click Here to learn more about our Cooking Classes and Private Party options for both adults and kids/teens >>>
- This event has passed.
Italian-Style Cook School! A 3-Part Series (September 10/17/24) with Chef Glenys Morgan!
September 24, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Mangia! A Fall Garden Dinner!
Join Chef Glenys Morgan for a 3-part chef series that will transform the way you think about cooking!
**SOLD AS A SERIES, SIGN UP ENABLED ON SEPTEMBER 10TH POSTING ONLY
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 10 630-930
September is for “late bloomers” in the garden, and this menu shows them off!
- Roasted Tomato Tartina- the perfect balance of sweet and tangy- tomatoes on bruschetta with besciamella, cheese and red pepper pickles.
- Fennel, White Onion and Arugula Salad- fresh from the garden fennel- juicy and crisp- with lemon-caper dressing
- “Mini” Porchetta- all the flavour of the traditional large beauty, tucked around pork tenderloin
- Summer Squash al gratin – thinly sliced and layered, vegetables have never looked so handsome!
- Italian Plum Torta- freeze some extra plums to make this all year long!
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 17 630-930
An evening of dishes that stand on their own but love company!
- Fonduta- a tangy cousin to fondue, ready for dipping grissini and focaccia
- Torta Rustica- imagine layers of great antipasti- wrapped in pastry. Perfect for picnics but even better for brunch!
- Spicy Panzanella- the traditional Tuscan salad gets a boost with fresh chiles- the crunchy croutons, seared vegetables, melting tomatoes…………………… a bowl of fall.
- Budini- a sinful chocolate pudding
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 24 630-930
- Fritto Misto- the Italian version of veggie tempura served with a garlicky dipping sauce
- Italian “salata”- the vinaigrette makes this combo sing- crunchy lettuce, chickpeas, salume…..
- Gemelli with Tomatoes and Mascarpone- cherry tomatoes and a splash of vermouth and chili
- Torta di Spagna with Wine Roasted Pears- the amazing three ingredients cake!
To register for this series please scroll down to book online and enter information below. Please have credit card ready as payment is required to secure your space. No seats can be held. Gift cards cannot be redeemed online but you can reserve with credit card and exchange for gift card in store the day of the class or before. All class cancelations receive store credit, however ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT GIVEN FOR SERIES IF NOTICE GIVEN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF FIRST CLASS STARTING. You may send someone in your place or forfeit your seat and we will send the recipes. Don’t forget you receive 10% off your shopping the day of your class! Excludes sale items,gift cards, and future classes. Any inquiries can also be directed to email@example.com.