Royal Flavours of India! Humility with Gumption… With Chef Tanisha!
August 13 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$89.00 – $149.99
From the royal forts, hot sands and romantic nights of Rajasthan, to the ever popular Bollywood’s favorite Mumbai street food, travel all throughout as this class takes you on the small culinary journey this big beautiful nation has to offer, jam-packed with different flavours and interesting stories that would make it one hell of an evening. Transport with chef Tanisha to a different place altogether and let the experience soak you in.
- Chaat Papdi – Named after the literal lip- smacking taste and spoon licking i.e “chaat”, in the hindi language, this yogurt based street dish starter comes with fried or baked crispy chickpea discs, fresh pomegranate, sweet and hot two types of chutneys and an array of Indian crunchy snacks sprinkled on top for texture variations and absolute flavour dynamite!
- Pav Bhaji – The real Mumbai street food, an absolute perfect medley of fresh vegetables mashed together in spices topped a hint of lemon juice and fresh coriander, served with special Pav bread. Invented as a fast lunch time meal for the working class in the early 1850’s on Mumbai streets – you might question Sloppy Joe’s origin in North America a century later.
- Stuffed Dry Mirchi – Large green chilli peppers, deseeded, shallow fried and stuffed with onions, ginger, garlic and roasted chickpea flour and dry herbs. Will not leave you begging for water but will definitely make you crave a second helping!
- Rajasthani Kadi – Simple, quick and light yogurt and chickpea flour gravy tempered with whole spices, lots of garlic and whole red chillies. Made with Desi Ghee and served with aromatic fried onion and cumin rice.
- Besan ke Laddu – Quick, easy, warming and “healthier” option is this gluten free dessert made in just a few minutes with roasted chickpea flour and some aromats.
To register for this class please scroll down to book online and enter information below. Please have credit card ready as payment is required to secure your space. No seats can be held. Gift cards cannot be redeemed online but you can reserve with credit card and exchange for gift card in store the day of the class or before. All class cancelations receive store credit, however ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT GIVEN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF CLASS STARTING. You may send someone in your place or forfeit your seat and we will send the recipes. Don’t forget you receive 10% off your shopping the day of your class! Excludes sale items,gift cards, and future classes. Any inquiries can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-428-3700.