- This event has passed.
Teen Cuisine! After-School Chef School! One Class or 3-Part Series (May 1/8/15) with Chef Kyla! Ages 12-17
May 8, 2019 @ 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm$75.00
**Series sign up enabled on May 1st posting only.
If your teen loves cooking they will love this after-school series of classes taught by Chef Kyla! Each class offers hands-on instruction getting them used to the basics: measuring, chopping, following recipes, menu development, and more. All they have to bring is their appetite, everything is supplied for them. At the end of the class they will set up their place setting and enjoy a meal together. These classes will teach them skills for a lifetime!
Wednesday May 1, 2019 330-6pm
- Oysters Rockefeller- “Why this dish is as rich as Rockefeller!” A famous dish established in 1899 straight out of Louisiana. Named after John D. Rockefeller, the wealthiest American of his time.
- Open Faced “Po-Boy” Sliders- This dish was named after the term “poor boy” during a 1929 strike. The founders made free sandwiches for the “strikers” and jokingly called them Poor Boys which in no time, due to Louisiana’s dialect turned into Po Boy
- Cajun Jambalaya- A staple to Louisiana, this dish consists of andouille sausage, chicken, seafood, rice and the Holy Trinity of Vegetables
- Corn Bread- You can’t have Jambalaya without fresh cornbread to sop up all the leftovers!
Wednesday May 8, 2019 330-6pm
Crab Cakes- Crab folded with herbs and fresh citrus. Served with homemade tartar sauce
Crispy Ceci Salad- Sweet Paprika Garbonzo Beans. Pancetta. Kale. Honey Tahini Garlic Dressing
The Main Attraction! Seared Scallops. Gastrique. Chorizo
Rosemary Pearl Barley Risotto
Wednesday May 15, 2019 330-6pm
- Smoked Salmon Avocado Stacks- Layers of smoked salmon, mashed avocado and cucumber. Served with wonton chips and ponzu sauce
- Kimchi Pancakes with Korean Sweet & Tangy Dipping Sauce
- Flavor BOMB Ramen!- Vegetables, noodles and tender cuts of pork drowning in rich umami broth and of course topped with a ramen egg!
To register for this series please scroll down to book online and enter information below. Please have credit card ready as payment is required to secure your space. No seats can be held. Gift cards cannot be redeemed online but you can reserve with credit card and exchange for gift card in store the day of the class or before. All class cancelations receive store credit, however ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT GIVEN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF FIRST CLASS STARTING. You may send someone in your place or forfeit your seat and we will send the recipes. Don’t forget you receive 10% off your shopping the day of your class! Excludes sale items,gift cards, and future classes. Any inquiries can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.