- This event has passed.
The New Basics 3-Part Series – Recipes and Techniques that Every Cook Should Know! With Chef Glenys Morgan **SOLD OUT, WAIT LIST ONLY
May 23, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Know your way around the kitchen but want to upgrade your skills? Then this series is for you! This is a 3-part demonstration series so you can watch closely, ask questions, take some notes, then sample the dishes that Glenys will teach you. Solve some culinary mysteries, learn about timing and temperatures, Glenys is focusing on fundamentals for everything from carrots to chicken, spices to sweets. Don’t be a slave to recipes – learn to cook with confidence. Make your dinners or dinner parties stress free. Ask questions that suit your style and they’ll be answered. You’ll be at ease in no time!
Tuesday May 9, 630-930
- Five Onion Tart- a cousin to the quiche, with lots of variations on the crust: quick and easy with puff pastry or home made “perfectly flaky” crust.
- Spring Vegetable Soups from Scratch – how to make the best soups- from vichysoisse to minestrone
- Roasts- A herb crusted rib roast, cooked to perfection! All the tips from the store to the table. How to make the richest gravy.
- Vegetables that compliment our main course- Whipped, Puréed, Mashed and Smashed- lots of great combos and textures- Harissa Roasted Carrot; Celery Root and Potato
- Vanilla Beam Panna Cotta with Berry Sauce- the perfect dessert, no oven required
Tuesday May 16, 630-930
- Croque Monsieur- a bistro classic with melted layers of cheese, ham and béchamel
- Artisan Cheese Soufflé- for lunch, brunch or dinner- difficult by reputation only- learn how.
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs- braised dishes have many names- osso buco, stews, ragùs,delicious results every time.
- Daube- a French stew – the perfect make-ahead dish for a party. What to buy, simple steps to success,
- Skillet Glazed Vegetables- from simple carrots to a mixture of roots, finished with a honey
- balsamic glaze
- French Chocolate Cake- this repeats builds on our soufflé technique but it’s a dense, rich chocolate cake laced with Bourbon
Tuesday May 23, 630-930
- Simple Baguette- the easiest mini loaf- studded with olives, tomatoes and cheese; learn about yeast- this is very easy and so delicious!
- Summer Salad- a bistro salad with the perfect tangy vinaigrette, crispy bacon and perfect vegetables- asparagus, beans, fennel
- Cioppino- the show stopper! A great fish soup that calls out for that crusty baguette- made with our best local fish, shellfish and finished with aioli
- Crème Brûlée- a cool finish with lessons on great caramel and custards will make an intense Chocolate Fudge Tart and show you how it’s done.
To register for this series please stop by the shop or call 604 428-3700. Please have credit card ready as payment is required to secure your space. No seats can be held. Gift cards cannot be redeemed over the phone but you can reserve with credit card and exchange for gift card the day of the class. Any inquiries can also be directed to email@example.com. All class cancelations receive store credit, however ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT GIVEN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF CLASS STARTING. You may send someone in your place. Don’t forget you receive 10% off your shopping the day of your class! Excludes sale items, gift cards, and future classes. Bon Appetit!