Recipe courtesy of our friends at Brooklyn Dehli! Shop Brooklyn Dehli products online at Posh Pantry here.
Tikka Masala is a mild sauce layered with rich coconut cream, tomatoes, caramelized onion and roasted spices – simmered with sweet potato and chickpeas and served with rice & naan, it’s a delicious addition to your dinner menu!
Sweet Potato and Chickpea Tikka Masala
- 1 tablespoon mild flavorless oil such as canola or sunflower
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1 jar of Brooklyn Delhi Tikka Masala or Cashew Butter Masala simmer sauce
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- Rice or naan
- plain yogurt optional
- Brooklyn Delhi Roasted Garlic Achaar or Tomato Achaar
- chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and saute for a couple minutes with salt.
- Next add in the jar of Tikka Masala or Cashew Butter Masala simmer sauce, chickpeas and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer with lid on until sweet potato is just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add water to adjust the thickness of the sauce to your preference and add salt to taste.
- Serve over rice or naan with a dollop of yogurt and chopped cilantro. For those who like it hot, top it off with a spoon of Roasted Garlic or Tomato Achaar.
Brooklyn Delhi Tikka Masala 340 g – $9.99
Brooklyn Delhi Roasted Garlic Achaar 255 g – $16.99