Risotto heaven! This rich and creamy savory risotto is elevated with Belazu’s Truffle & Artichoke Pesto, which you can find online or instore at Posh Pantry!
Truffle and Artichoke Pesto Risotto
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 400 g arborio rice
- 200 ml white wine
- 2.5 L vegetable or chicken stock heated (hot)
- 75 g parsley chopped
- ½ jar Truffle & Artichoke Pesto (see below)
- 100 g grated Parmesan
- 100 g unsalted butter cold and diced
- Salt to taste
- Place a large saucepan on a medium heat and add the olive oil. When hot, add onion and celery. Cook until softened and sweet, 5-10 minutes, turning down the heat if they begin to colour.3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 onion, 2 stalks celery
- Add the rice to the pan, turn up the heat and season well with salt, while stirring and coating in the oil for around 2 minutes.400 g arborio rice, Salt
- Add the wine (careful may splatter!) to the pan and continue to stir the risotto until the wine has evaporated.200 ml white wine
- Begin to add the hot stock one ladle at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula until absorbed. Continue to do this for around 15 minutes, only adding stock once the previous ladle has been absorbed. Check to see how cooked the rice is, then continue to add the stock, adding a little less each time until the rice is cooked to your liking.2.5 L vegetable or chicken stock
- Finely chop the parsley and add to the pan along with the Pesto, Parmesan and butter. Cover with the lid and leave to rest for two minutes.75 g parsley, ½ jar Truffle & Artichoke Pesto, 100 g grated Parmesan, 100 g unsalted butter
- Then, using a wooden spoon, beat the risotto vigorously for a minute to emulsify. If the risotto looks slightly too thick you can let it down with a smidgen more stock.
- Divide between bowls and serve immediately. Top with a little more Pesto if you like. Enjoy!
Belazu Truffle & Artichoke Pesto – $10.50
Escali Italy Glass Scales – $79.99