Spice up your next brunch with Huevos Rancheros, a traditional Mexican breakfast dish incorporating hearty black beans, fried eggs and salsa, all nestled in a warm tortilla bowl. Add an extra kick with Sriracha Revolver Premium Hot Sauces!
- Tortilla bakers (see below)
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup cooked, rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 cup store-bought mild or medium salsa
- 2 green onions minced
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup aged cheddar grated
- 1 peeled and pitted avocado diced
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 4 6 inch corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the tortillas inside lightly sprayed tortilla bakers. Press to mould. Bake about 5-8 minutes or until golden. Let cool before unmolding.
- In a non-stick fry pan, sweat the bell pepper in the butter for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the black beans and salsa and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add the green onions and cilantro.
- In another non-stick fry pan, melt the butter on medium heat and add the eggs. Cook for about 4 minutes, until the whites are set and the eggs are sunny-side up.
- Divide the salsa into the tortilla bowls and sprinkle with some of the cheese. Place the eggs on top and serve immediately with the diced avocado, sour cream and the rest of the grated cheese.
Norpro Nonstick Petite Mexican Tortilla Bakers – $29.99
Sriracha Revolver Premium Hot Sauces – $8.49