The heat gets turned up when you add David’s Peri Peri Rub to this sauce made with charcoal-grilled vegetables. The flavours pair perfectly with roast chicken or grilled meat.
David’s Peri Peri Spicy Marinade
- 2 large red bell peppers halved, seeded and char-grilled
- 1 large red onion quartered and char-grilled
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp David’s Peri Peri Rub
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Put peppers and onion in a food processor and puree.2 large red bell peppers, 1 large red onion
- Add garlic, half of the lemon juice, half of the red wine vinegar, zest of 1 lemon, oregano, pepper and David’s Peri Peri Rub and process.4 cloves garlic, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp black pepper, 2 Tbsp David’s Peri Peri Rub
- Transfer the sauce to a medium saucepan and add the bay leaf.1 bay leaf
- Simmer, over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and cool the sauce.
- Return to the food processor and add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, and zest of 1 lemon and puree.
- Slowly add the olive oil to emulsify.1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Serve with roast chicken, firm seared tofu, kebabs, grilled meat or fish.
David’s No Salt Peri Peri Rub – $9.50
All-Clad Large Stainless Steel Roasting Pan – $225.00