I’m obsessed with this salad! The flavour is amazing! We only sell yuzu vinegar in a 1L bottle… should last forever but I’ve craved this so much the bottle is almost gone!
Check out this video on the perfect way to cut a grapefruit for this recipe.
Angie’s Love You Yuzu Salad
- 1 living butter lettuce rinsed and dried
- 1 avocado cut into pieces or slices
- 1 pink grapefruit cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 inch ginger root peeled with back of a spoon and grated with a microplane
- Juice from one lime
- 1 Tbsp yuzu vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- Pinch Maldon Salt
- Melt butter in 8″ fry pan. Saute sunflower seeds for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, sugar and grated ginger in small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, toss lettuce very gently with avocado, grapefruit, sunflower seeds and dressing. Just to coat.
- Plate and serve immediately. Top with pinch of maldon salt.