Recipe courtesy of Chef Sara
Madeleines are one of my favourite things to bake. The ingredients are simple and the batter comes together really quickly. Usually, I see madeleines as a sweet treat, but there are plenty of savoury options too! These parmesan sage madeleines are great for breakfast on the go, an afternoon snack, or just because.
Parmesan Sage Madeleines
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk*
- 3/4 cup parmigiano reggiano grated
- 2.5 tbsp fresh sage chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease madeleine pan (I recommend using butter) and set aside
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, and buttermilk. Once well combined, mix in parmigiano reggiano and sage.
- Spoon batter into madeleine molds. Bake in centre rack for 10 minutes, or until madeleines are firm and golden. Immediately transfer madeleines to a cooling rack, and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
2 tsp lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes, then proceed to use in madeleine batter.