Angie loves this version of Banana Chocolate Muffins because most of the time, baking is a last-minute venture, and with this recipe the butter is just put into the microwave to melt. You don’t have to get it room temp! Because who has time for that sort of preparation?
Super Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup butter 75 g, melted
- ½ cup sugar 100 g
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 185 g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp freeze-dried banana powder
- salt to taste
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips 85 g, plus ¼ cup garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a bowl, add the bananas and mash until smooth. Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, banana powder and salt in bowl and whisk together. Add to banana butter mixture until incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Using a large cookie scoop, add to muffin liners in pan. Top with a few additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes until slightly brown and tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.